Social selling is taking out the pitching component of sales. You’re creating conversations about your product and services which organically can produce sales conversations.
There are 4 elements to social selling:
1. Establish your professional brand: Complete your profile with the customer in mind. Become a thought-leader by publishing meaningful posts.
2. Find the right people: Identify better prospects in less time using efficient search and research tools.
3. Engage with insights: Discover and share conversation-worthy updates to create and grow relationships.
4. Build relationships: Strengthen your network by connecting and establishing trust with decision makers.
According to LinkedIn:
- Social selling leaders create 45% more opportunities than peers with lower SSI.
- Social selling leaders are 51% more likely to reach quota.
- 78% of social sellers outsell peers who don’t use social media.
LinkedIn has launched SSI score. Your Social Selling Index (SSI) measures how effective you are at establishing your professional brand finding the right people, engaging with insights, and building relationships. It is updated daily. Here is my SSI according to LinkedIn
To know your score, visit: https://www.linkedin.com/sales/ssi